A Student's Guide to Crime Prevention and DUI
Ensuring the safety of one's children is a major priority for most parents. Regardless of how young or old their children are, parents want to provide them with the tools necessary to remain safe at all times. This means teaching them how to recognize threats and how to avoid succumbing to behaviors that can hurt them. As kids grow older and become students in high school and college, they must learn how to protect themselves not only from crime but also from the dangers that come with driving a car. Students must recognize the dangers associated with drinking and driving and avoid this behavior entirely. Drinking and driving can not only injure and kill the student but also threatens the lives of other adults and even young children as well.
Review the following list of links to learn more about DUIs, crime prevention, and car seat safety:
- Man-At-Arms: Upholding the Law of Eternia: Learn about the Masters of the Universe figurine Snake Man-At-Arms. The character was a defender of the planet Eternia.
- Law Offices That Use GPS Monitoring Solutions: Click on this page to review a list of lawyers who utilize the services of GPS Monitoring Solutions Inc.
- Movie Memorabilia Advice and Autographs: Stay on the Right Side of the Law: On this page, there is a list of tips to help fans requesting autographs and sending fan mail.
- Friendship House Alcohol and DUI Resources: Alcohol rehab websites for people living in the Nashville area of Tennessee are listed on this page.
- Driving Safety and Law Resources: Visitors to this page will find a long list of links to DUI prevention and other driving safety sites.
- Preventing Impaired Driving: Learn about the effectiveness of laws aimed at stopping DUI in this document.
- DUI Felony Laws: This is a PDF from the MADD website that lists states that have instituted DUI felony laws.
- The Law and Bullying Resources: Parents and students looking for anti-bullying resources will find a list of websites by clicking on this link.
- Links to Law Enforcement and Fire Departments: Review this link for a list of fire departments in Walnutport Borough and the surrounding counties and communities.
- San Diego DUI Attorney: A San Diego based law firm dedicated to the defense of DUIs. They can help you defend against a California criminal DUI conviction.
- Law and Family Resources: Clicking this link opens up the Resources page to the Family Nurturing Center. On this page, readers will find links to child abuse information and other family-safety-related sites.
- Government and Law Links: A list of links provided by the San Francisco Police Officers Association includes government resources on crime prevention and disaster preparedness.
- Dakota County Law and Informational Resources: The list of resources on this page consists primarily of child safety links. Readers will also find food and product safety as well as poison control links.
- Anti-Bullying and Law Resources: Opening this link will take readers to a list of anti-bullying resources. A brief description of each resource is provided on the page.
- Teaching Children: The National Crime Prevention Council advises parents on the importance of teaching children how to prevent crime and how it can be done.
- Crime Prevention Tips for Children: This is a PDF that reviews safety tips for children while riding their bike, while at school, or when home alone.
- Crime Prevention for Children: Learn basic crime prevention tips for children here as well as street and latchkey safety tips.
- Car Seat Safety and the Law: The Beach City Doula website offers tips on car seat safety. The article on the page discusses proper instillation and inspection.
- Car Seat Safety: Avoid Ten Common Mistakes: The Mayo Clinic lists and explains ten mistakes that parents commonly make when using car seats.
- Safe Kids Car Seat Safety Tips: A list of tips help ensure that parents are purchasing safe car seats and using them correctly.
- Child Passenger Safety Laws: A current list of laws regarding the use of child safety seats by state includes the type of safety seat to be used by age and the associated fine for not following the law.
- Avoiding Common Car Seat Installation Mistakes: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia lists five ways to ensure proper installation of safety seats.
- Car Seat Safety: The KidsHealth website for parents explains car seat safety and provides information such as guidelines for choosing the right car seat. The page also discusses installing the different types of seats correctly.
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) Restraint System: Instructional videos are included on this page to help parents and guardians use the restraint system properly.
- Safety and Prevention: Car Seat Information: On this page, readers will find information regarding the various types of cars seats and how long children should be in them.
- The Family Law Office of Steven M. Bishop: Steven Bishop is a family law attorney who specializes in divorce and family law, child support, fathers' rights, paternity, and child custody. As the founder of the firm, Bishop has more than 30 years of experience.
- Wilkinson and Finkbeiner Family Law Attorneys: Wilkinson and Finkbeiner specialize in divorce, paternity suits, adoptions, annulments, and more. As family law attorneys who are located in Mission Valley, they have been successfully assisting people throughout the Southern California region.
- The Edmunds Law Firm: The Edmunds Law Firm is founded by a former San Diego Superior Court judge pro tem with more than 30 years of experience. The firm specializes in family law, divorce mediation, bankruptcy, and military law.